Tis' the season for all things pumpkin spice!
My two favorite things about Fall are oversized cozy textured sweaters and all things pumpkin spice! Since California has yet to get the memo that it's almost November and Fall should be in full swing, I shall indulge in the latter of the two! Wont you join me? If you too like all things pumpkin, I'd say that trying this recipe is a must and the littles are pretty fond of it too.
VANILLA PUMPKIN SPICE CUPCAKES
- 1 white cake mix
- 1 can pumpkin, 15 oz. (Please note, this is a very subtle pumpkin taste. If you are a pumpkin lover you might want to add more.)
- 1 vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 C flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 C vegetable oil
- 1/2 C water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Cinnamon (to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients except cinnamon and mix thoroughly with an electric mixer.
- Spoon batter into lined muffin tins.
- Bake for 18 minutes. (Give or take 1-2 minutes. I bake mine for exactly 18 minutes but your oven may be slightly different. Cupcakes should just spring back when touched.)
- Allow cupcakes to cool. Frost and sprinkle with cinnamon.
VANILLA BUTTERCREAM FROSTING RECIPE
- about 6 C powdered sugar
- 1/2 C milk
- 3 sticks softened butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Combine ingredients. If it seems too runny, add a little bit more powdered sugar. Too thick? Add a tiny bit more milk.
- I spoon it all into a ziplock bag, snip off one corner and use that to pipe the frosting on.
- Add a dusting of cinnamon and serve!
*Original recipe via Pinterest!